With the thick blanket of murky grey haze engulfing Malaysia, it’s easy to forget how beautiful this slice of haven on earth actually is.
So, we decided to compile a collection of photos so breathtaking, quaint and picturesque, to revel on while we wait for the ugly grey smoke to subside:
find your hotel here https://www.agoda.com/partners/partnersearch.aspx?cid=1767975&pcs=1
- Most of these photos were taken by professional photographers, at various off-beat resorts, islands and states in Malaysia.
1. Malaysia’s very own Hamptons at The Datai, Langkawi
2. Look at the colour of the water!
Sipadan-Kapalai Dive Resort, Kapalai Island(sabah,malaysia)
3. A resort fit to satisfy the inner Tarzan in all of us at Tadom Hill Resort in Banting
3. Bora Bora? No, it’s our very own ‘backyard’ Bohey Dulang in Sabah,Malaysia(East Malaysia)
4. This dairy farm in Kundasang looks straight out of a New Zealand postcard
5. A war memorial in Sabah that resembles the medieval castles in the Scotland highlands
6. Penang(Pulau Pinang,Malaysia) has sakura blossoms that could rival the springs in Japan
7. Colmar Tropicale in Pahang has artfully designed villages that even the French would be proud of
8. Painting or real-life? We could stare at this all day.
An aerial shot of a mangrove swamp in Johor photographed by Justin Guariglia,National Geographic.
9. Nature lovers’ paradise tucked away in a little corner in Sekinchan
Sekinchan is located in the Sabak Bernam district, Selangor,Malaysia
10. Imagine jumping into the pristine waters of sungai Bangang right now!
11. Penang’s very own intimate resort at Malihom, Air Itam
Malihom Retreat, Balik Pulau
12. This dreamy view is not from a Disney movie. It’s Danum Valley in Sabah.
Photograph by Chris Bray
13. A guesthouse that looks like a Chinese mansion from the 19th century at Kimberly House, Georgetown
14. A most eerie but jaw-dropping view of Gunung Kinabalu taken from the Mount Kinabalu Heritage Resort & Spa
15. An ancient Chinese architectural beauty in Georgetown, Penang
16. Who would have thought the concrete jungle that is Johor would have blue-tinged, crystal clear waters in Pulau Babi Tengah?
Wooden pier of Batu Batu on Tengah Island (Pulau Babi Tengah), South China sea, Malaysia
“Yup, Pulau Babi Tengah for real!”
17. More blue skies and stunning beaches!
Lankayan Island Dive Resort, Lankayan, Sabah
18. The National Park isn’t the only attraction Pahang is known for. Look at this clear, sandy strip of beach at Cherating!
Vibes from nature
19. Sunset by Batu Uban Jetty in Penang
20. A beautiful mosque with stained glass windows by the beach in Melaka
Masjid Selat Melaka
21. Islands that could give Maldives a run for its money at Semporna, Sabah,Malaysia.
22. Remnants of the colonial past at the Macalister Mansion in Penang
23. Majestic limestone pinnacles at the Mulu National Park
Malaysia is so beautiful, we bet nothing can stop you from wanting to visit these breathtaking places right away.